Memorial Day Chronicals 2012 - Spirit Winds - Figment Arts Festival - Governor's Island New York Festivities - Trees Of LIfe...Photography and Short Film by Peter G Pereira







It was a Glorius Saturday.
I was Trekking to Governor's Island to met with My Curator Danielle and see the new site for my 'Trees of Life' Sculpture/ Installation for the Figment  Arts Festival Show in June.

My fourth year. My Designation  Area was new and I looked forward to meeting my Spaces and Trees of Life  Subjects and to reflect on this  Memorial Day Weekend the Sky and Gleaming Cityline of a New and Revitalized Lower Manhattan.

Those we have lost on 9/11 and those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in the defense both of our Security of Body and Security of Mind and Spirit. 


I was Here - Canal Street - R Train Transfer



Sidelong Glance into Steely Infinity - Canal Street Station




...came Bursts of  Light at the End of the Tunnel
A Bird? A Man? It's the R-Train!






Self-Portrait -  Stillness across the Speeding R-Train






Tip Of  Manhattan Curve - Staten Island  Ferry
(Right Next to Governor's Island Ferry)




Fleet Week Folk







Beautifully Detailed Ironworks Fascade of Governor's Island Ferry







On Our Way - At the Same Moment...
I would Come back to this Curious and Profound Phrase on my Return






To Hydrate on a Warm Sunny Day







Landing on Governor's Island

Staten Island and Manhattan in Background








Flags Unfurls in Spirit Winds



Anticipation...Spirit Winds and the Flag Unfurling


Governor's Island and its Environs has the best views of  New York City
and the Brooklyn Bridge.


Brooklyn Bridge On Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Digital Painting by Peter G Pereira







Finding my Bearings Made Easy



Once a Military Base originally designed to keep the British at bay...
Now one the great and beautiful New York Destination for the the Figment Arts Festival and Pristine Nature.




Music and Peoples near Scuplture Park







Sculpture Park Detail







Sculpture Park and Trees of Life






Fellow Figment Artists




As I Headed back to the Manhattan Bound Ferry


Little Dancers and Gamesters
Take to the Grassy Stages

A Magic Carpet of Interlacing Sun and Silhouettes








Some Final Views Of Lower Manhattan from Governor's Island
The Freedom/Liberty Tower Rising in the Distance
Safe and Sound






As I was Leaving They Were a Coming
New Boats Every Half Hour





I rejoined this Curious and Profound Phrase
Returning
As I Had
Beginning






Docking Back into Manahttan




I Ran into a Fine Group of Men in Some Cool Navy Band


Almost Seamless Among Us
Secret and Sacred


Well That was My Memorial Weekend Saturday Morning

Time and Sun to Reflect upon the Real and Tangible Gains of Those who have Sacrificed so Much
in Defense of  Freedom's Ideals

In the Safe Pursuit of Happiness



HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

PETER

Comments