Dallas Buyer's Club and Remembering Keith Finney...UFOs, New York, San Antonio...Omaha

On the coldest day in New York...Time travels

Coming from the Bronx to Omaha Nebraska was a strange, weird and wonderful change of scenery.
The Big Apple meets the Heartland...I was watching Dallas Buyers Club and reminisced on how much in the  chutzpah and looks and person of Matthew McConaughey' character my old friend Keith matched up...both Texans, and both with all the winning hard partying soul, southern wrangler's charm and deep loyalty to friends that such American self-made lineages entailed.
In Omaha in the late 70's, we both became neighbors, both displaced from our hometowns...he from San Antonio Texas, and me from Riverdale Bronx New York.
He was several years older, the consumate lady's man and oblique Dandy from some uncharted Noblesse Oblige...an older brother.
We shared many fantastic and Tom Sawyeresque adventures inckuding Barn Parties, Concerts, Car Chases to UFOs...many stories which I chronicled but failed to publish.
Until now...

I decided to look up my old friend and found my timing wanting...A Lonely Obituary
but rich memories hot and textured as a Summer's Day in Omaha in the late 1970's...and a few hot and sea-salty tears.

Comments