Portrait of Paul...What do1962 and 2010 and the Merchant of Venice Performances at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park have in Common

I was sitting outside the Starbucks on 85th Street and ran into Paul, a dear old DT-UT coffee shop acquaintance.
Our subjects have ranged the gamut from my  latest Trees of Life Sculpture Installations to Cantor Infinities and Diagonals, to Big Bang Theory and Consciousness and Pentagons, Chicken fights in Rio...we mused that afternoon on lighter fare namely getting Shakespeare tickets to the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park for upcoming Shows.
I mentioned I had just been to Much Ado About Nothing and looked forward to seeing King Lear...we had matured I ventured of late from Hamlet to Lear readiness.
Next to last performance,  it had been a magic show on perfect night with perfect cast and a perfect play!
A glint in his eye sparkled and he shyly asked me:
Peter!
What do 1962 and 2010 have in common?
Me: Let me guess?
He: No better yet let me tell you!
Me: If you insist Paul!
He: I insist Peter!
Me: And I insist Paul!
He: So Where's Mary she can insist as well! All right not a great line...I'm no Shakespeare but! (Round of impish chuckles)
Who's that actor who did?  - Pacino!  Now what do Pacino and George C Scott have in common with 1962 and 2010?
Me: I didn't know we had established 1962 and 2010 sibblingnessness...Plot thickens Paul!
He: Guess?
Me: I insisted you wanted to tell me!
He: I changed my mind...I'm older I can change my mind!
Me: I hear Jeopardi music...Well I know that Pacino was in...um...Merchant of Venice? Shylock. Was George C Scott also in Merchant of Venice?
He: Bingo! I heard Mozart by the way! Yes!
And I am the only one I know of who was at both Performances at he Delacorte Theatre in Central Park in 1960 and 2010 for the Merchant of Venice!
Astonished pause.
Me: I am impressed Paul!
He: Forty-eight years!
Me: That's  the Math! 48 years.
Portrait to commemorate?
He :You have lots of portraits of me over the years I haven't seen any but sure!
I'm shy! You're going to throw darts at it!
Me: Jalopeno Darts - Good guess!
He: Should I not blink?
Me: Done!
He: Already?
Me: A little work left later on.
He: All right...Lear han?
Me: Lear. Real. Central Park.

Comments