On My Recent Coma Death and Dying - The Face of God...Awakenings and Return

First Sights

Awakening Interpenetrating Dimensions - Peter G Pereira 8/2012

On the AWAKENING from 8 Days of  Coma 
(Acute Pulmonary Distress - ICU)
The INFINITE BLACK MIRROR
GOD...Consciousness Companion
and the Journey it took...To RETURN

Awaking - Morning Paper - Where Was I? - Peter G Pereira

I camera-phoned and later Digitally Painted and/or Collaged these first Impressions
Companion Chase Painting - Peter G Pereira 8/12

First Light...

First Daylight - Manhattan looking over Park Avenue - Peter G Pereira 8/2012

FIRST WORDS

First Words circa August 25th, 2012



In Early August I was feeling Fine.
I was finishing work on My Blogs on the Mars Curiosity Landing, the American Indian Pow Wow At Bear Mountain (Lessons of the Feather I, II etc.)...some Musical  and Film Animation Compositions. All-in-all a very Busy time Creatively but otherwise Apple Pie Mundane.

I fell ill from complications of a Flu-like Event in the week of  August 13th which began on Saturday...By that Friday August 19th I could not get out of bed and could not with the Help of my Inhaler, nor the other COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) medicines I was used to taking.

An EMS ambulance from Lennox Hill Hospital came and brought me by stretcher to the Emergency. I fell into Coma, was intubated (on ventilator) and lay there drifting in an out of various Consciousnesses.

Doctors and Nurses tied to resuscitate numerous times.
Some 8 unsuccessful tries  over the week of the 19th of August through Friday the 24th they tried to resuscitate  me but were unsuccessful. 

From the outside I seemed to have passed into a vegetative state. My wife was asked to make the fateful decision to let me Die or to let me get put on a special Tracheal Ventilator where I would be kept alive indefinitely.

My wishes were not to be put on such a machine, that if i needed to I would die trying in a more organic way. She and the Hospital complied with my wishes.

While this was going on outside, a time in which I seemed going or gone -  an entire Universe of Titanic activities and Journeys and Struggles were going on within me. I will share these at a nearby time for they are perhaps instructive to others.

Briefly... one part of the Journey had to do with the Vivid and Visceral Tearing Apart and Putting Back Together of the Blue Planet itself from the Dawn of time to the Present...an endless series of Genesis(es) - Deaths and Rebirths of  Oceans, Skies, Animals and Plants and others Ripped in a dozen  different configurations until this one, our present one seemed to have taken Hold.

I imagine this period during the first week in Coma when resuscitation had become futile.

And Briefly again came the Dying...
This is the part where all the lights in the Room have one by one been switched off save
the short shallow breaths kept alive by the machine keep us from passing. 
Then the Choice to pass is made easy. I made it. All goes Dark.

 I was at this point that my testimonial above Picks Up...the meeting of my Last Thought with God that Behemoth Universal Thought....
the Corridor of the Infinite Black Mirror with endless orthoginal array of finer and finer meshed weaves of glow lights the Color of Radium or Gamma Radiation from enegies from the heart of the atomic nucleons themselves. 
The Leviathanous and Supremely Intelligent Face and Breath of God.

I remember thinking after all these Journeys what a shame it was was that I could not share with all of you this particular and peaceful and Clear  moment of Transition. The Obvious and Natural and Effortless Evolutionary travels to some  higher-dimensional Realities. 
The Genius of this ancient evolution passage for Consciousness  from these to higher dimensions.

I vaguely but clearly remember from some time a Memory my Wife Karina begging me to fight on the outside (indeed she kept Vigil in these final hours and days by the Bedside) 
To please give it another days fight. 

The thought left to me and after all only a good thought left of us....how difficult to re-animated the body would be even with spirit willing. One knew the task at hand would be more that likely crippling. 

Thought I was happy to die knowing what I knew it was transition, I was given the choice. 
God Shrugged.
I was thankful
and set about the Return.

This was going to be very long and Painful and indeed it was for every breath began a Herculean Labor.

You set out to a baseball Game thinking nine innings but this one's run Long -  past the 12th then passes the 16th innings.
You're both player and observer and it is as hot and  exhaustive by Day and by Night. 
Every breath feels like an inning in this game - this Particular Comeback - No Shortcuts 
...and there's going heavy  to be Hundreds of  Innings. 
With Twenty Pounds already Gone
That and more is what its going to take so...In good faith - Go for it!

Friday through the Saturday...into Sunday Morning - I went for it!

Sunday Morning The Awakening had been successful... I awoke.

We were all concerned that it would be temporary but it was holding as the minutes turned into hours and so on...And I was not in other ways Damaged....Shaken but not Stirred so-to-Speak - a little 007.

Now AWAKE another Mystical Journey had just begun. 
Every Day Recovery Took Hold by Leaps and by Bounds. 

I will share more in the time to Come.

Curiously, I was taken off all medicines for Asthma. My Lungs seemed to have in some way Regenerated. I am breathing fine on my own and the prognosis from the Doctors is that that the Recovery should be complete.

For Little Miracles, 
Journeys Great and Small, 
All you get to carry in and carry out are Thoughts,
Thinks Good Thoughts I used to tell myself...
 Now I fully Understand why,
 In Good Faith...
And I thank God..
What a Vast and Bright Intelligence after all,
Seeking what we all things Great and Small Seek 
In all Dimensions I have come to Understand...

Companionship,
Mutual Respect
....Universal 
LOVE

Peter 


Stairway Vision over the East River - Peter G Pereira 2012

First Self-Portrait out of  Lennox Hill Hospital Logos Bookstore Backyard August 30th, 2012

Ever Grateful to the First-Responders, Lennox Hill Hospital Staff, the Nurses and the Doctors.
Also to the many Friends and Family and Strangers who Visited, Called, Prayed and Sent swell get-well Cards...
when I was There and not all There.

I will Continue the this Series over the next little while in Easy and Not-So-Easy Pieces.
Music and Visual Art Have Begun to Flow from what were these Wounds. 

While I must Conserve Energy to Heal....I look forward to Sharing in the Time to Come.
Now that there is More Time on My Side.

Love to ALL
and
God Continue to Bless it all.


Comments